Your gift can help us equip future generations
Remembering Ethos in your Will is an enduring way to empower future generations of the scattered people of God to profess their faith in their public and professional life.
Whether large or small, a gift in your Will is a sustainable way to support our work.
Types of bequests
There are three different ways to leave a bequest in your Will.
1. After loved ones are provided for, consider how a residuary gift could help fund the work of Ethos into the future.
2. Alternatively, you may wish to leave a percentage of your estate or a percentage of the residue of your estate to Ethos. Leaving a percentage allows your gift to maximise as your estate matures.
3. You can also specify an exact cash amount or a fixed gift in the form of property such as cars, shares, jewellery etc.
What to do
After discussing your intentions with family or a friend, make sure you seek legal guidance. A Will is a legal document and, where possible, should be prepared with the assistance of a trusted legal advisor or trustee.
Should you generously decide to a leave a gift to Ethos, you can use the suggested wording below.
It is important to use the correct wording to ensure that your gift is received by Ethos. It is also essential that you use our correct name, to avoid confusion and subsequent legal costs.
Below is our suggested wording.
I give to Ethos Centre for Christianity and Society Incorporated of 44 Rutland Road Box Hill VIC 3128, Tel: (03) 9037 6420 and email: email@example.com (ABN 17 344 821 411)
• The rest and residue of my Estate or
• ____ percent of my Estate or
• ____ percent of the residue of my estate or
• The sum of $ ____ or
• The following item(s) __________________
free of all duties and testamentary expenses for its general purposes, and I direct that the receipt of that organisation shall be sufficient discharge to my executors for this bequest.
If you have any questions, please contact us via our online form and we will get back to you. All emails and calls will be treated in confidence and with sensitivity.
Thank you for considering Ethos as a beneficiary in your Will. If you choose to include Ethos in your Will, please let us know via the online form so that we can discuss any wishes you may have. It will also be an encouragement for us to know that you have remembered Ethos in this way.